If you’re new to building HTML5 games with Phaser, like with any new language or framework, it can be quite a hurdle just to grasp the structure and the basic idea of how it all works.
In this video tutorial, I will walk through the general structure of a Phaser project and the important parts of how a Phaser game actually works.
Here’s the video:
- Phaser can be a great option to build simple mobile games, it’s not a good fit for resource intensive games with lots of effects
- Level up Your Phaser Games with ES6
- Phaser Boilerplate
- Phaser Fundamentals: Using States in Phaser
- Phaser projects are broken up into separate “States”
createmethod in a state will run the initial setup for a state
updatemethod is part of the game loop, where you can check the current state of the game and perform logic
- You can modularise your code by creating separate “objects” or “plugins”
- Helicopter Mechanic Tutorial