If you’re new to building HTML5 games with Phaser, like with any new language or framework, it can be quite a hurdle just to grasp the structure and the basic idea of how it all works.
In this video tutorial, I will walk through the general structure of a Phaser project and the important parts of how a Phaser game actually works.
Here’s the video:
- Phaser can be a great option to build simple mobile games, it’s not a good fit for resource intensive games with lots of effects
- Level up Your Phaser Games with ES6
- Phaser Boilerplate
- Phaser Fundamentals: Using States in Phaser
- Phaser projects are broken up into separate “States”
createmethod in a state will run the initial setup for a state
updatemethod is part of the game loop, where you can check the current state of the game and perform logic
- You can modularise your code by creating separate “objects” or “plugins”
- Helicopter Mechanic Tutorial
NEW Create next level Ionic applications by harnessing the power of the Ionic Animations API and Gestures.
Utilise these powerful APIs to design and build your own custom animations and interactions. No external libraries required, everything is built with just Ionic. Learn more.